Biltong Recipe - Biltong and Blue Cheese Soup
We just had to share this one a regular collection customer of ours gave us this great recipe and its brilliant so we let you all see how you can create this great Biltong and Blue Cheese Soup.
WHAT YOU NEED (feeds 4–6)
1 cup biltong (chopped, or use biltong powder)
1 tot olive oil
1 onion (chopped)
2 garlic cloves (crushed)
1 celery stick (chopped)
1 carrot (chopped)
1 broccoli head
1 cup fresh cream
1 cup vegetable or
½ cup white wine
1 block (125 g) blue cheese
1 tsp ground black pepper
bread (to serve)
WHAT TO DO
1. If you have a blender, process the biltong into a fine powder or bits. Otherwise, just chop it finely with your biggest knife. Alternatively, buy biltong dust
2. Heat olive oil in your potjie on the fire and fry the onion until soft.
3. Add the garlic, celery, carrot and biltong. Also break the broccoli into pieces and add that. Fry for a few minutes until matters start to brown and smell delicious.
4. Now add the cream, stock and white wine. Mix, then place the lid on the potjie and let it simmer for 20 minutes until the broccoli is tender and falling apart.
5. Crumble the blue cheese into the pot, stir and season with black pepper.
6. If you have a stick blender, use your stick blender and blend the soup until smooth and creamy. If you don’t have a stick blender, just serve and enjoy the soup as is in its chunky format. Also buy yourself a stick blender. It’s one of the most fun tools I have in my braai kitchen.
7. If the soup is too thick, stir in a bit of extra water, wine or stock but the idea is not to make a broth but a robust meal with proper attitude.
8.Serve with fresh bread or roosterkoek.
If you looking for more stunning ideas with what you can do with Biltong Check out our Blog Post 11 Different Things to do with Biltong